Monday, October 24, 2011

Joy Rising! And it's not even Friday!

The past week or so has been overwhelming. The muffler fell off of my car, my dishwasher stopped working, and my coffee maker broke. Among all of the crazy terrible things that have happened, I have had one REALLY GREAT thing happen to balance it all out.

If you know me at all, you know what a staple role model that Oprah has been and is for me. After writing my last blog entry, I was browsing Oprah.com and saw a section that said, "Tell Us Your Story!" So, of course, I knew I had to. After a full day of trying to sum my story up in 2000 characters or less and failing, I gave up. I decided the next day to try again and just put a link to my blog. I never thought anything would come of it. I just wanted Oprah to know how she's impacted my life.

Today, at approximately I:52 in the afternoon, my phone rang. I didn't answer it because I didn't recognize the number. When I checked my voicemail, I almost pooped and vomited simutaneously. It was Morgan Bury with HARPO STUDIOS calling in regards to the email I had sent. WHAT! REALLY?! IS THIS SERIOUSLY HAPPENING?!

We talked on the phone for almost three hours. I elaborated on my story, she asked questions when she needed clarity on something and typed everything into the computer. It was and is one of the biggest moments in my life. When we got off of the phone, she told me, "Watch our life class tonight. It's about listening to our little whispers. I think there will be a lot of things you can connect to. And call me  or shoot me an email tomorrow if you have any more moments of clarity or a-ha's. I'd like to know what you think." All I can do is laugh. I'm supposed to call a lady tomorrow, that works for OPRAH, to let her know what I think. How surreal.

She says that they're not sure about what direction the webcast on Friday is going to go in, but that they might want me to Skype in. I might. Be skyping. With Oprah. On Friday. WHAT.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, because it may or may not happen. It's out of my hands and I'm trying not to obsess about it. I've let it go. (Thanks, Oprah, for that!) It is what it is, and regardless of whether I get to see Oprah's face on friday, I am so happy to know that she  will know  how big of impact she has made on my life.

4 comments:

  1. Dude, that's insanely amazing! I hope you get to Skype with Oprah, how awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley!! I love reading your blog! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!!!! There are no words for how excited I am for you!!

    ReplyDelete